Aubrey Gemignani is a Documentary, Reportage, and Event Photographer. She is currently a full-time photographer and photo archivist at NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) in Washington, DC., where she has had the opportunity to photograph a diverse range of events at the White House, the Vice President’s residence, Capitol Hill, Kennedy Space Center, Wallops Flight Facility, and the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan (to cover manned launches to the International Space Station).Her documentary and reportage work has been distributed worldwide through news and photo agencies such as Associated Press, AFP, Reuters, National Geographic Online and Getty Images. Publications highlighting her work include Esquire, The Washington Post, New York Times, NPR, Photographer’s Forum, Popular Photography, Pastry Art and Design, and the Falls Church News Press.Some clients include NASA, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Cue Recording Studio, Sodexo, South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT), Hope for a Healthier Humanity (HHH), International Relief and Development (IRD), and The National Council of Asian Pacific Islander Physicians (NCAPIP).
Assignments and her love of travel has taken her to many countries including Vietnam, Cambodia, Pakistan, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mexico, Dubai, and Italy.Aubrey holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a minor in Photography from Virginia Commonwealth University located in Richmond, VA. She also completed a Master of Arts in Organizational Management from George Washington University.She is a native of the Washington D.C. area.Description of presentation: I plan to discuss and show some work from the past (approximately) 5 years of covering the space program for NASA including launches, landings, the Obama and Trump administrations, astronaut tours/talks, and the rise of the commercial space programs. Most of my work is photojournalistic for NASA and I will touch on the transition to working in a more high speed, news oriented position, versus the freelance portrait and event photography that I was used to. If there are specific topics that you would like me to cover, please let me know prior to the presentation and I’ll make an effort to address them.
March 2 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
March 9 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
March 16 @ 7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
- November 2020: Portfolio Project Update – The Artist StatementThe Portfolio Project is moving along, and some participants have started to upload images. This year is going to be another treat for the membership when we have our reviews. For our portfolio participants, once you have decided on a subject it’s time to write your Artist Statement. Doing so will make image selection and all that follows much easier. The Artist Statement […]
- November 2020 – Note of Thanks to NVPS from the Willing WarriorsJim Sinsheimer – NVPS Coordinator We recently received a heart-felt thank-you note (below) from the Willing Warriors to the many NVPS members who have already contributed framed photos exhibited at the PenFed retreat. All images are viewable on the NVPS Willing Warriors Gallery. To date, 20 of our members have contributed 61 photographs to the Willing Warriors veterans’ retreat. As I […]
- MAPV 2020: Competition Awards and Juried ImagesCongratulations to the NVPS members received 6 of the 12 “Best In Category” awards at Mid-Atlantic Photo Visions 2020 Expo announced on November 7, 2020. Best in Birds: “Summer Hummer 2020 2” Bill Corbett – NVPS Best in Flora: “Mysterious Roots” Mike Whalen – NVPS Best in Water: “Moving Water” Lynn Cates – NVPS Best in Architecture: “Reflecting on Chicago”Jim Sinsheimer – NVPS Best in […]
- Dropbox Instructions for PortfoliosDropBox is a free cloud-storage resource used by NVPS members participating in the portfolio project. It provides the means to share your portfolio with the coordinators and other participants, and to get feedback as it’s being developed. Other types of cloud storage are Apple iCloud, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. Unfortunately, these have restrictions or specific requirements. […]
- Portfolio Project 2021: Sign Up Now!As the new season begins for NVPS it is time to launch a new Portfolio Project. A portfolio is a collection of images with a common theme: Snow Landscapes, Birds, Barns, Passages, etc. Creating a portfolio is an excellent opportunity for any photographer to hone their skills and learn the art of self-critique. Your portfolio will be a collection of photographs representative […]
- Rules of Competition for 2020-2021 Including Temporary Changes Due to COVIDRules of Competition (Revision: August 13, 2020 by G. Grossman) Printable PDF: Rules of Competition revised_Class names_2020-08-13-FINAL gg-compressedDownload Note 1: Important Competition Changes – Please Read The proposed rule changes set forth below will be temporary and apply only during the 2020-2021 Club year regardless of whether the club is meeting online (virtually) or at the fire […]
- Competition Themes for 2020-2022The themed competitions for 2020-2021 are: A Musician: The subject must be singular; it may be in a group but DOF, processing etc. should make it obvious that all attention is on one individual. Subjects are confined just to humans! Competition Date: October 20, 2020 Fall Harvest: Farms to Farmers Markets. A colorful time of year when produce is being farmed and sold. Land crops only, to […]
- Instructions on Joining a Zoom Meeting for NVPS MembersSubject: Instructions on Joining a Zoom Meeting for NVPS Members Dear NVPS Members, Since physical meetings at the Dunn-Loring Firehouse are on hold for a while due to COVID-19, NVPS will continue with virtual meetings using the popular ZOOM app. Meetings will resume on September 1 and members will be invited to join the scheduled meetings, and the sessions can be viewed on desktop or […]
- November 2020: Portfolio Project Update – The Artist Statement