Call For Exhibit Proposals 2014
Photoworks Exhibit Committee
Deadline: September 30, 2013
The Photoworks Exhibit Committee invites you to submit a proposal for a group or solo photography exhibition in 2014 at Photoworks Gallery in historic Glen Echo Park. Proposals must be received on or before the September 30, 2013 deadline.
Photography Exhibition Dates:
- Exhibit 1: January 10 – February 18, 2014
- Exhibit 2: May 9 – June 16, 2014
- Exhibit 3: September 5 – October 13, 2014
Please list date preferences in your proposal letter.
Deadline for Exhibit Proposal Submissions: SEPTEMBER 30, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: October 18, 2013
All Submissions Must Include:
1. Photo Proposal: One page description of the photo proposal and a short artist bio
2. Images: Ten to fifteen images labeled with the number, artist name and image title. For example: 01_Keating_Karen_Reaching for the Light.jpg
3. Image List: One “Image List” that includes artist name, image title, medium, and dimensions of framed work. (Please save this file as a .doc file – no .docx files).
4. Image Sizing Requirements:
a. Portrait: no larger than 500px wide by 700px tall; 72ppi; sRGB; .jpg quality=8
b. Landscape: no larger than 1000px wide by 700px tall; 72ppi; sRGB; .jpg quality=8
c. Square: no larger than 700px wide or tall; 72ppi; sRGB; .jpg quality=8
5. Publicity Shot: For publicity in print media, Photoworks marketing staff will need images 5″x7″ at 300ppi.
6. Electronic Proposal Submission: Interested applicants can submit proposal and images to: email@example.com
7. Hand Delivery or US Mail: Deliver Proposal and CD or DVD (SASE for returns) to:
c/o Exhibit Committee
7300 MacArthur Boulevard
1st Floor Arcade Building
Glen Echo, MD 20812
Address for Hand DeliveryPhotoworks Studio, 1st Floor Arcade Building, Glen Echo Park, MD
orGlen Echo Park Main Office, 2nd Floor Arcade Building, Photoworks Mail Box
8. Proposal Submission Fee: There is no fee for submission.
9. Important Notes:
a. Proposals will be selected by Photoworks Exhibition Committee.
b. Proposals may be submitted as a group or individual artist.
c. Exhibitions selected may be for solo, two or three person exhibit.
10. Artist Responsibilities:
a. Selected artists will be responsible for $600 for exhibition costs. Check made payable to Photoworks.
b. Artists are required to attend a organizational meeting with Photoworks Exhibition Director approximately two (2) months prior to the exhibit.
c. For electronic publicity purposes, artist must provide a jpg image, a two or three line statement describing the work and an email list of artists/guests for exhibit announcements.
d. Work must be professionally presented and ready to hang.
e. Artist must prepare labels for walls and handouts with statement, brief bio, price.
f. Each artist must work with Exhibition Director to schedule an Opening Reception and Gallery Talk. Artist is responsible for food, drinks, paper products, etc.
g. Card design and distribution is optional.
h. Sales Policy: Artist receives 70% of sale, Photoworks receives 30% of sale. A 6% Maryland Sales Tax must be added at point of sale.
11. Photoworks Responsibilities:
a. Professional hanging of exhibition
b. Signage for exhibition
c. Publicity will include: Email blast to Photoworks database and artist guest list, announcing exhibition and reception/gallery talk.
d. The exhibit will be listed on Photoworks website, facebook page, and Glen Echo Park’s Newsletter, website and facebook page.
e. Photoworks will write and distribute press release with artist information to local print and social/online media
f. Photoworks will secure required liquor license for Opening Reception
Gayle Rothschild, gaylesue AT me.com or Karen Keating, kwkeating AT comcast.net or call Photoworks at 301-634-2274.