To provide NVPS members an opportunity to receive individual or small group personalized training on:
- How to use your cameras – camera controls
- How to take better images – composition, lighting, subject, etc.
- How to use of image processing software
- How to prepare images for competition, printing and matting
- And more
Mentoring Program Requirements:
- Must be an NVPS member (paid your annual dues) to participate
- Willingness to learn – experiment/do something different
- Identify what you would like to learn from experienced NVPS members
- Select one potential Mentor from the list of NVPS Mentors that identifies their expertise, availability, location, etc.
- Each Mentor can only support a limited number of members
- Contact the Mentor Coordinator, Chuck Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org for your selected Mentor’s contact information.
- Contact your selected Mentor and identify what you would like to accomplish
- If the connection is successful, work with the Mentor to arrange for meeting dates and times
- If the Mentor cannot support your request, choose another potential Mentor
- Once a Mentor agrees to work with you, please inform the Mentor Program Coordinator, so we can update the database.
- You may choose to use different Mentors throughout your participation in the Mentor Program, but please only work with one Mentor at a time
- For example, you may work with one Mentor to improve your image composition, and then work with another Mentor on how to better use image processing software.
- Let the Mentor Program Coordinator know you are ending your partnership with one Mentor and would like to select a different one.
- When you no longer wish to participate in the program, please contact the Mentor Program Coordinator so that the Mentor can be made available for other members
The Mentoring Program is an ongoing program that will be available through the NVPS year (September – May) and continue through the summer.
At the end of August, just before the start of the next NVPS year, all current Mentor/member partnerships will end – giving all NVPS members the opportunity to participate with Mentors starting in September.
Attached is the Mentor Handouts: