Here we are, almost through the summer and the uploading for the MAPV photo competition will soon be upon us. I trust that throughout the summer you were able to shoot some wonderful images to enter into the competition. Here are the important dates for you to remember as we get closer to the competition.
- August 2020
- August 17 – Image upload area opens for submitting
- September 2020
- September 11 – Deadline to re-submit images (images submitted after this date and before Sept. 18 will not be eligible for re-submission if they are turned down by the review committee.)
- September 18 – Image upload deadline
- September 19-22 – Final image review
- September 23 – Judging begins
- October 2020
- October 7 – Judging ends
- October 8-9 – Stats collection
- October 10 – Accepted images announced
- October 11-18 – Online image setup
- October 19-25 – People’s Choice voting
- November 2020
- November 7 – Winners announced
As you know, the competition has been greatly expanded this year with new categories entered for the Photo Arts section. For detailed info on the Photo Arts go to http://naturevisions.org/photo-art-rules/. <http://naturevisions.org/photo-art-rules/> For the Nature section, go to http://naturevisions.org/nature-rules/. It is imperative that you read the rules in both these sections and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
One important note….you are allowed to enter up to 6 images in each section. If you want, you could enter all 6 in one of the categories, or you can spread them around among all categories. The important thing here is that you can only enter up to 6 images in the Photo Arts section and up to 6 in the Nature section.
Also, make sure your read the additional information about submissions at http://naturevisions.org/expo-submissions/.
Finally, to upload images for the competition, go to https://midatlanticphotovisions.visualpursuits.com/default.aspx
Hopefully we will have a good representation from NVPS, and best of luck to all!!
NVPS Rep to MAPV