I want to update you on where we stand with some issues on Nature Visions.
First, there appears to be some confusion regarding the different types of websites you use in dealing with NV. There are actually 3 different sites:
1 NatureVisions.org – Maintained solely by NV. This is the Nature Visions web site which has all the information regarding this year’s event
2. The site used for uploading images for the competition (https://naturevisions.visualpursuits.com/default.aspx) is maintained by Visual Pursuits, the company who supplies the software for uploading images for the competitiioin. This is the website for image submission and judging. We create the account and the members reset their password.
3. The site for ordering tickets (for example, Sunday tickets are at https://mpv.tickets.com/schedule/?agency=GMU_HYLTON_MPV&orgid=42969#view=list&start=2019-11-03&end=2019-11-03) is maintained by tickets.com. This is the website used by Hylton to process all the tickets for the events hosted at Hylton. You have to create your own account here.
The accounts at visual Pursuit and Hylton are two different accounts and cannot be interchangeably used with one another.
On getting your discount for tickets.
You are getting a $30 discount off the regular price of tickets. This includes all passes, and lectures that have a fee. Obviously you don’t need the discount for the free classes. It cannot be used for the hands-on workshops or the photo shoots.. Also, as I mentioned before if you use your discount for a $20 session, you cannot carry the remaining $10 over to another ticket.. If multiple use of the coupon is detected, the associated tickets will be cancelled, the fees will be deducted and the balance refunded. So please only use your discount once. The email address that you use for NVPS is the code you use to get your discount.
This video explains how to use the discount . This video is only for distribution to club members and not to be posted on the website or any social media posts.
Lunches will again be available for purchase. Final arrangements are now being made, and you will be able to order them online fairly soon. I will let you know when that is possible. Free coffee will also be available for all 3 days, plus pastries will be available for purchase.
Uploading images for competition.
If you have used Visual Pursuits before, you already have an account. If not, you need to use the email address you use for NVPS to login. Again, follow the directions about submissions located at https://naturevisions.org/event/expo-information/expo-submissions/. Those of you who have submitted images in past years should be familiar with the way it works. If you are new and this is the first time, read all instructions carefully and don’t hesitate to contact me if questions.
Finally, some of you have had questions on course content. If you click on “More Information” on each class in the schedule, you will probably get your questions answered. Again, if you need more info, contact me.
Roger Lancaster, NVPS Rep to NV
March 2 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
March 9 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
March 16 @ 7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
- November 2020: Portfolio Project Update – The Artist StatementThe Portfolio Project is moving along, and some participants have started to upload images. This year is going to be another treat for the membership when we have our reviews. For our portfolio participants, once you have decided on a subject it’s time to write your Artist Statement. Doing so will make image selection and all that follows much easier. The Artist Statement […]
- November 2020 – Note of Thanks to NVPS from the Willing WarriorsJim Sinsheimer – NVPS Coordinator We recently received a heart-felt thank-you note (below) from the Willing Warriors to the many NVPS members who have already contributed framed photos exhibited at the PenFed retreat. All images are viewable on the NVPS Willing Warriors Gallery. To date, 20 of our members have contributed 61 photographs to the Willing Warriors veterans’ retreat. As I […]
- MAPV 2020: Competition Awards and Juried ImagesCongratulations to the NVPS members received 6 of the 12 “Best In Category” awards at Mid-Atlantic Photo Visions 2020 Expo announced on November 7, 2020. Best in Birds: “Summer Hummer 2020 2” Bill Corbett – NVPS Best in Flora: “Mysterious Roots” Mike Whalen – NVPS Best in Water: “Moving Water” Lynn Cates – NVPS Best in Architecture: “Reflecting on Chicago”Jim Sinsheimer – NVPS Best in […]
- Dropbox Instructions for PortfoliosDropBox is a free cloud-storage resource used by NVPS members participating in the portfolio project. It provides the means to share your portfolio with the coordinators and other participants, and to get feedback as it’s being developed. Other types of cloud storage are Apple iCloud, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive. Unfortunately, these have restrictions or specific requirements. […]
- Portfolio Project 2021: Sign Up Now!As the new season begins for NVPS it is time to launch a new Portfolio Project. A portfolio is a collection of images with a common theme: Snow Landscapes, Birds, Barns, Passages, etc. Creating a portfolio is an excellent opportunity for any photographer to hone their skills and learn the art of self-critique. Your portfolio will be a collection of photographs representative […]
- Rules of Competition for 2020-2021 Including Temporary Changes Due to COVIDRules of Competition (Revision: August 13, 2020 by G. Grossman) Printable PDF: Rules of Competition revised_Class names_2020-08-13-FINAL gg-compressedDownload Note 1: Important Competition Changes – Please Read The proposed rule changes set forth below will be temporary and apply only during the 2020-2021 Club year regardless of whether the club is meeting online (virtually) or at the fire […]
- Competition Themes for 2020-2022The themed competitions for 2020-2021 are: A Musician: The subject must be singular; it may be in a group but DOF, processing etc. should make it obvious that all attention is on one individual. Subjects are confined just to humans! Competition Date: October 20, 2020 Fall Harvest: Farms to Farmers Markets. A colorful time of year when produce is being farmed and sold. Land crops only, to […]
- Instructions on Joining a Zoom Meeting for NVPS MembersSubject: Instructions on Joining a Zoom Meeting for NVPS Members Dear NVPS Members, Since physical meetings at the Dunn-Loring Firehouse are on hold for a while due to COVID-19, NVPS will continue with virtual meetings using the popular ZOOM app. Meetings will resume on September 1 and members will be invited to join the scheduled meetings, and the sessions can be viewed on desktop or […]
- November 2020: Portfolio Project Update – The Artist Statement