Effective April 22, 2016
- NVPS Commitment To Privacy
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- NPVS Commitment To Data Security
- NVPS Commitment To Children’s Privacy
- How To Access Or Correct Your Information
- How To Contact Us
NVPS Commitment To Privacy
Your privacy is important to the Northern Virginia Photographic Society. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can mae about the way your information is collected and used. To mae this notice easy to find, we mae a available on our homepage and at every point w personally identifiable information may be requested. We reserve the right to amend the Policy at any time, for any reason, upon thirty (30) days’ notice. Updates will be posted at http://nvps.org/home/?page_id=651 and signaled by a change in the “Effective” date given above.
The Information We Collect:
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the NVPS website. On some pages, you can sign up for emails lists, pay for the club membership & pay for the annual club banquet. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Family Member Names (for Family Memberships)
- Family Member Email Address (for Family Memberships)
How We Use Information:
We use the information you provide about yourself for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill your membership application;
- To register you for any programs or services you have requested;
- To answer your emails or requests;
- To allow registration for the Nature Visions Photo Expo;
- To send you an invitation to join our main email list. This is an “opt-in” email list. If you opt in, we will use the list to provide essential club communications, such as monthly newsletters, election information, weather cancellations, or changes/updates to membership programs or services.
We will not share the information you provide with outside parties unless authorized by you, or unless under a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal process or to protect and defend the rights or property of the club.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
NVPS Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect .
NVPS Commitment To Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on our website from those we actually now are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access and update all your personally identifiable information that we collect by emailing our Membership Coordinator. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information and we do not store your personally identifiable information on the NVPS website, with the exception of the email information for automated mailings you’ve signed up for.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also tae reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or maing corrections.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at email@example.com.